A few things to know about today’s look…
1. I lived in pantsuits back in the late 90s and Early 2000’s (in my Cash Money voice). I saw a Blogger on IG with this pantsuit from JCPenney and had to have it. Worthington Collection for the win! I already have so many ideas on how to style it…
2. I will wear this pantsuit with fresh white Adidas #watchmewerk
3. Brooches are the new statement necklace.
4. Sassy Jones Boho earrings instantly class up an outfit (no longer available though)
5. I like my hair with some frizz. Big and not totally defined. #wildhairdontcare
6. Most often, I wear my jackets European style: collar popped and sleeves pushed up.
I definitely am a different woman wearing a pantsuit than I was back in the day. One thing I learned, you can’t change what’s going on around you until you change what’s going on within you… I spent a lot of the last few months fighting the old. Old thoughts. Old traditions. Old dreams. Old ways of doing things. It left me frustrated and exhausted.
In a sermon recently, my cousin, Pastor Antonio M. Matthews, reminded us that we have to take back the power of your mind. In order to reach forth (Philippians 3:13), we have to forget—which he said actually means to “revoke the power of a previous connection.” And that revocation is part of the transforming by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2). The renewing of our minds is something we all have to manage daily. Some days it’s easier than others—but if we are ever to consistently live into God’s plans for our lives, we must manage our thoughts.
So rather than wasting energy fighting the old, I am focused on building the new.
Let's face it--we as women are busy. I mean BUUUSSSYYY! Spouses. Children. Parents. Siblings. Girlfriends. Careers. Businesses. Side Hustles. Church. Sororities. Charities. Tired yet?!?!? Told you--we're busy! While we know we're busy--we also want to look good while doing it. For some of us, style comes easy. For others, not so much. Branded Style is designed to give you inspiration and information to curate a wardrobe that is easier to maintain and you're excited to wear! Whether you sometimes have so many stylish options you struggle with what to wear or you feel you don't have a solid sense of style--there is something for you at Branded Style!